What is the Best Material for Gutter Guards?
July 3, 2018
There are many different kinds of gutter guards on the market today. For example, there are ones made of plastic, vinyl, copper and more. With so many options to choose from, it’s important to do some research and learn about the pros and cons of gutter covers made from each type of material. That way, you can make this investment in your home feeling confident that you have chosen the best product available. And, many agree that one of the best materials for gutter guards is extruded aluminum.
Here are a few reasons why choosing gutter guards made of aluminum is a wise investment:
- Strength – simply put, gutter guards made of extruded aluminum are stronger than guards made of other materials
- Durability – while plastic and vinyl gutter guards can become damaged due to exposure to the elements, aluminum guards are highly durable and stand up better to the elements
- Aesthetic – aluminum gutter covers are fairly inconspicuous and won’t be an eyesore at your home
- Effectiveness – gutter guards made of weaker materials can easily become damaged without you knowing, which can lead to your rain gutters becoming clogged and aluminum guards resist this damage, causing them to operate more effectively than other guards
- Sustainable – aluminum is 100 percent recyclable, so you can feel good about making an environmentally responsible purchase
Choose Aluminum Gutter Guards from GutterDome
GutterDome is proud to offer a complete line of aluminum gutter guards for homeowners across North America. Our products are made from military-grade 6063 extruded aluminum that has been tempered to T5 strength and coated in a clear anodized finish to prevent corrosion. To learn how to have a GutterDome gutter protection system installed at your home, contact GutterDome today.